As part of our Benvenuti Field Trip we visited a winery in Villotte di San Quirino (not far from Aviano). The winery was right next to the owner's home. We were told that most grapes are still harvested by hand. Some modern vineyards have machines that gently shake the grapes down.
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Winery Visit
As part of our Benvenuti Field Trip we visited a winery in Villotte di San Quirino (not far from Aviano). The winery was right next to the owner's home. We were told that most grapes are still harvested by hand. Some modern vineyards have machines that gently shake the grapes down.
Labels:
aviano field trip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks nice there! I'd been wondering if you were there yet, can't wait to see more blogs of Italy and all your adventures there!
ReplyDeleteHow glorious! Is this just a vacation or a work assignment? I can't wait to see more. Italy has always been the top of my list of places to see before I die. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you made it safely. Can't wait to see all of your beautiful experiences!
ReplyDelete