Wednesday, March 16, 2011

One hour of Salzburg, Austria

As you may have guessed, The Sound of Music put Salzburg on the map (along with Mozart...). We stopped for a brief moment on our way home from France.
We finally got to see a garden in all our recent travels! Most are closed until SPRING. These are the Mirabell Gardens (Mirabellgarten-which frames the Mirabell Palace). Brett took this photo from Rosebush Hill where Julie Andrews and the seven children sang in The Sound of Music. You can also see the Pegasus Fountain where the children in the movie splashed and played.
Someone once told me I looked like Julie Andrews. If only I had her voice! This is the perfect place to be a look alike. Ella and Andrew really wanted to run around in this garden. I bet children once did that very thing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment